Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I failed- I'll blog another day

Somehow I thought that when residency was over and I just had to focus on mainly one thing- learning French- for the year, that I would have plenty of time to invest in items of importance that I had set aside. I dreamt of spending time blogging, reading about Congo and the hospital we will be going to, reading a lot to keep current with OB/GYN, writing to the many people who support us financially and in prayer. But I have failed. 
It seems like I go to class, get groceries and cook, play with Sydney, and read emails pretty consistently. I play volleyball or meet with my language partner for French learning. But those extras- I just haven't been able to prioritize them. I will sit down to the computer to write a blog and get distracted with Facebook, or Sydney will want something that Ryan cannot give her, or the gal in the apartment below us will go into labor rapidly and need assistance (true story). And then I'll tell myself that I can blog another day. But here it has been a month, and I've only written one blog. And I still haven't started the book on Congo. 
So here is my confession. I know I don't need to strive for perfection. People are not clinging to every word I say. My worth is not in what I do or how many people like my status on Facebook, but my worth comes from who I am as a child of God. Also, I have to keep reminding myself that this is not a 2-4 week mission trip which I can keep up a significant pace with an expectation that I can rest at the end, compile my pictures, and make a presentation. I need to establish a pace at which we can comfortably live, giving those interested a peek into our lives through regular (even if not as frequent) and good (even if not particularly clever or creative) writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment